I promise, I was going to make a healthy and low calories breakfast, but then I saw my bananas getting brown and sad and there was no way back… banana bread & coconut muffins it was!
The recipe to these delicious banana bread muffins is the same as I previously posted in September.
For your convenience I’m posting it here again with the addition of the sliced bananas and shaved & toasted coconut.
Banana Bread Muffins with Coconut recipe:
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 2 small bananas thinly sliced (for filling and topping)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 15 ml of baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup of toasted coconut for decoration
- coconut oil spray for baking
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl smash bananas, add beaten eggs and mix together with vanilla extract, coconut, olive oil and sugar.
- Mix in flour and baking powder. Add half of the sliced bananas.
- Spray the muffin pan with the coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups, top them with the rest of sliced bananas.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, or until the toothpick is clean (when checking the inside).
- Once the muffins are removed from the oven, sprinkle them with toasted coconut and let them cool on a rack.