Happy International Woman’s Day, darlings!
I thought that today will be the perfect day to share with you something delicate, feminine and something that most of us love – my favorite Jo Malone perfume and candle scents! Ever since I got them (and it happened throughout a few months) my friends kept asking me how I love it. Because this is an expensive product I decided to do a review hoping that it will help someone who is deciding whether you should spend your money on this or not.
Now I have only two perfumes in travel size (because their perfume is luxurious both: in scents and in price) and one (also travel sized) candle. Both perfumes were my husbands gifts and candle was a gift I made to myself. All three times I spend quite a while talking to the girl at the counter and literally smelling everything that I could with no exception to the men’s perfume and candles.
As you can see from my photos I do use all of them on an almost everyday basis and I will re-buy them once I’ll finish them. So here are my list of top and favorite Jo Malone scents:
Peony and Blush Suede classic floral scent. Stays whole day on my skin. Stronger than the Wood Sage & Sea Salt. Key notes: Red Apple, Peony, Suede.
Wood Sage & Sea Salt (wanted to buy a candle in same scent, but they were completely sold out on that in several places in Toronto, and yes also online ). Has a fresh, aquatic scent. Perfect for summer. I can’t smell it after a few hours wearing it, however people notice it for the whole day. I would describe it as a subtile scent. Key notes: Ambrette Seeds, Sea Salt, Sage.
Blackberry and Bay (would definitely try to buy the perfume in it) has a fresh scent and citrus notes. Key notes: Blackberry, Bay Leaves, Cedarwood.
Please note that the scent also depends on your skin, you know what they say we all have out unique scent so I would recommend to choose your new perfume like I do.
My Tips on Choosing a Perfume
- You need to know which scent families you like: woody, floral, fruity, spicy or citrus.
- Ask for samples. That way you can try/test it out during night and day.
- Don’t try more that two to three perfumes at ones. Even if you’ll smell the coffee beans, they will all smell similar after that.
- Spray a bit on your wrist, smell the first notes and let it evaporate.
- Go for a walk for 10 to 15 minutes. Once the top note dissipates, you’ll smell the heart note and this will be the core of your fragrance. Then decide. I would also suggest to combine the fragrance wrist test with spraying the perfume on a card, repeat the Step 5 and smell it after.
- Vary the scents according to occasion, day/night and seasons.